Aimpoint CompM5s Red Dot Sight w/LRP Mount & 39mm Spacer
The CompM5s™ is a high performance red dot sight developed to withstand extremely tough handling and environmental situations without adding much weight to the user’s equipment.
Aimpoint red dot sights are designed for the “both eyes open” method which greatly enhances situational awareness and target acquisition.
Thanks to the optical design the red dot follows the movement of the user’s eye while remaining fixed on target, eliminating any need for centering.
The CompM5s allows for unlimited eye relief and is compatible with Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers as well as all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD).
The battery life for the CompM5s is over 5 years of continuous use while at the pos. 7, more than 1 year of use at pos. 8, and more than 10 years at NVD settings (pos. 1 to 4).
The standard configuration of the CompM5s contains the sight, an LRP mount and a spacer which gives 39 mm optical axis. The sight is also equipped with flip-up lens covers, the front lens cover is black and the rear transparent.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- Low, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Submersible to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 235 g (8.3 oz) standard configuration, sight only 165 g (5.8 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
|Operating principle: Reflex Collimator sight with LED|
|Optical magnification: 1x ± 3%|
|Aiming dot size: 2 ± 0,5 MOA|
|Dot intensity: Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx|
|Optical signature: No optical signature is visible at 10 meter distance, front side, on appropriate settings with NVD|
|Dot color: Peak Wavelength: 650 ± 10 nm|
|NVD compatible: Yes|
|Optical coating: Anti-reflex, all surfaces and multi-layer. NVD-Compatible 1, 2, 3|
|Clear aperture: 18 ± 0,2 mm, on rear tube center axis|
|Eye relief: Unlimited|
|Battery type: One AAA size 1.5 V Alkaline LR03 or Lithium FR03|
|Battery life - Day time use: 5 years (50 000h) of continuous use at pos. 7, more than 1 year at pos. 8 and more than 10 years at NVD-setting (pos. 1-4)|
|Power intensity: 4 NVD and 6 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright|
|Temperature range operation: -45 °C to +71 °C (-49 °F to +160 °F)|
|Temperature range storage: -51°C to 71°C (-60°F to 160°F)|
|Temperature shock: Operable after a temperature shock between -45°C and +71°C. Duration: 4h of Hot +71°C, 4h of Cold -45°C. Cycling: 3 times|
|Humidity: Operates despite humidity. Limits: RH: 95%, Temp: 20ºC to 50 ºC, cyclic|
|Submersible: To a depth of 45 m (150 ft)|
|Shock: Limits: X-axis: 500 g, 0.7 – 1.1 ms (50 shocks), Y-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms (2 shocks in each direction, Z-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms, 2 shocks in each direction. Functional during exposure (room temperature)|
|Vibration: Operates despite vibration. Limits: Vibration, sinusoidal in a frequency range of 10-150 Hz. Frequency: 10-30 Hz, ±1.587 mm, Frequency: 30-150 Hz. 5.75 g, 1 octave/min|
|Chemical resistance: Withstands occasional contamination by weapons cleaners, lubricants, oil or insect repellants|