The Magpul CTR (Compact/Type Restricted) – Mil-Spec Model is a drop-in replacement butt stock for AR15/M16 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The extra-power lock mechanism uses a premium chrome-silicon spring to avert auto-collapse failure and maintains strength by resisting spring relaxation. The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes wobble* for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. The Mil-Spec Model includes a standard 0.30" rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in U.S.A.
* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M16 applications
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear - Push-button QD sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (Ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
- Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- CTR, Mil-Spec (w/ Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.30")
- Weight, Stock: 0.55 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 0.86 lb.
- Length, Stock: 6.90 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.70 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 13.95 in.
** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.