Quality Mil-Spec (QMS) Trigger
The ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec (QMS) Trigger is designed for those shooters where tradition, value and regulatory concerns are of primary importance. The pull of the QMS is very similar to a standard mil-spec trigger, however the majority of the associated grittiness of the stock trigger pull has been removed while the well known reliability of a stock trigger remains. The pull weight is not lower than the M4/M16 minimum weight specification of 5.5lbs.
1. Performance Advantages for the Shooter
- The ALG Defense QMS trigger pull is smoother than a
stock trigger. This is accomplished by honing the sear
surfaces smooth while not removing metal below the
valleys of the stock surface finish.
- Sear geometry has not been changed from
standard so the high reliability that the stock trigger is
known for is unchanged.
- Trigger and hammer are made from true 8620 alloy
steel military specification castings, correctly carburized,
quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.
- Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly
Austempered into the spring range of hardness
- Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military
- A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition
of all type of ammunition.
- Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild
steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been
quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to
a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to
reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit
into the weapon lower receiver.
- Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull
weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of
9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.5lbs.
2. Advantages for the Armorer
- The ALG Defense QMS trigger is an enhanced
standard trigger so maintenance and installation procedures
- There is spare parts commonality between the QMS
and stock triggers
- Trigger assembly parts may be interchanged between
triggers, there are no matched sets.
- Since it is a trigger meeting the U.S. Military trigger
specifications for the M4 Carbine, the ALG Defense QMS
can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while
still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental